To apply to operate social care, school transport or local bus service contracts please fill complete the Transport operators application document found at the bottom of this page and post it to:
Passenger Transport Unit
Please refer to the following documents for further information:
- Small vehicle driver handbook
- Large vehicle driver handbook
- Safe school travel responsibility
Operators should also read and act on the following documents available from the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) website:
- Guide To Maintaining Roadworthiness
- Guide To Maintaining Roadworthiness - Psv Drivers' Walkaround Check Pull-Out
- A Guide to the Use of Maintenance Software and Computer Storage of Maintenance Records
- Enforcement Checks of Passenger Carrying Vehicles - Code of Practice
- The Safe operators Guide
- Advice NoteFire Extinguishers Containing Halon on Buses, Minibuses and oaches
- Bus and Coach Security Recommended Best Practice
Operators of all wheelchair assessible vehicles should ensure that all drivers have read and understood the following document.
- Guidance on the Safe Transportation of Wheelchairs - MDA DB2001 (03) JUNE 2001 (Medical Devices Agency)
Operators of all wheelchair assessible vehicles with lifts should also ensure that all drivers have read and understood the following document.
Transport operators related downloads
Concessionary bus pass reimbursement for bus operators
We operate a reimbursement scheme for bus operators allowing free travel to holders of the Wiltshire Bus Pass. Please refer to the documents below.