School Places Strategy 2017 - 2022
Wiltshire Council has reviewed and updated its School Places Strategy and Implementation Plan for 2017-2022. We have a statutory duty to make sure that there are enough school places for all four to 16 year old young people in the county. The Wiltshire School Places Strategy 2017-2022 read along with the addendum looks at the need to add and remove primary and secondary school places when necessary. Both documents can be found in the download section
- The need for places across Wiltshire and will provide a framework for considering opening and where appropriate, closing schools and defining the size of schools.
- It looks at implementing new school competition arrangements and supporting the development of academies, university technical colleges and, where appropriate, free schools.
All children and young people living in Wiltshire are entitled to the highest quality education. This strategy will help us to secure school places for pupils and provide high quality school buildings and facilities of an appropriate size and standard.Close
- We can review the number of school places alongside proposed new housing developments.
- We will take into account any changes in the birth rate in the short to medium term, including the planned army re-basing in Wiltshire.
- The implementation plan sets out the short, medium and long term proposals for primary and secondary school provision covering the period 2017-2022 and will be reviewed and updated every two years.
Contains a summary of the council’s planned expansion programme and will inform the Schools Capital Investment Programme in future years.