Exit Accessibility View

Registering a building of worship for marriage

In order to certify and register religious buildings for worship and marriage you must apply to the Superintendent Registrar in the district where the venue is situated. There are particular signatories required in certain cases, and other conditions of application, but the Superintendent Registrar can assist with each application. Fees are currently £29 to register a building for worship and £123 to register a religious building for marriages. On the GOV.UK site you can view guidance notes and download an application form.

Superintendent Registrar contact details:

Linda Foulkes
Superintendent Registrar
Wiltshire Registration Service
County Hall
BA14 8JN

Tel: 0300 003 4570
Email: wiltshireregisteroffice@wiltshire.gov.uk 

Share this page

Last updated: 12 October 2017 | Last reviewed: 12 October 2017