Please note: Due to Christmas closures Copy Certificates orders cannot be taken from Friday 22 December 2017 to Tuesday 26 December 2017 inclusive. Normal service will resume on Wednesday 27 December 2017.
Civil registration records of births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships are in the custody of Superintendent Registrar and located with the copy Certificates Team in the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre in Chippenham.
Please note: We can only supply certificates for the events that happened in Wiltshire. For the events that happened in Swindon or Bath, you need to apply in their local office.
Copy Certificates Service, Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre, Cocklebury Road, Chippenham, SN15 3QN.
You must enclose a cheque or postal order for the correct amount made payable to Wiltshire Council
- Full name(s) (including surname)
- Date and place of birth
- Parents’ names
- Mother’s maiden name (if appropriate)
- Full name(s) (including surname) of deceased
- Date and place of death
- Any other information e.g. Date of birth/age/occupation etc.
- Full name(s) (including surnames) of parties to be married
- Date and place of marriage
Many of the Wiltshire Indexes for Births, Deaths and Marriages can be found at the
Collections of local and family history books can be found in Wiltshire libraries.