Data subjects’ information notice – Public health - Sexual health
To be provided to the data subject at the time of obtaining personal data from them.
The sexual health service will process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Maintaining our own accounts and records
- Supporting and managing our employees
- Promoting the services we provide
- Carrying out health and public awareness campaigns
- Carrying out surveys
- The provision of social services
- Corporate administration and all activities we are required to carry out as a data controller and public authority
- Undertaking research
- Internal financial support and corporate functions
- Managing archived records for historical and research reasons
Our processing shall be lawful because at least one of the following will apply:
(a) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the council is subject;
(b) processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
(c) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the council;
If your special category data is processed, in addition to one of the above, processing will be necessary because at least one of the following shall also apply:
(a) the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes,
(b) to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
(c) processing relates to personal data which are manifestly made public by the data subject;
(d) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity;
(e) processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest,
(f) processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services;
(g) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of health care and of medicinal products or medical devices,
(h) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposesClose
Where necessary and lawful, or when required by legal obligation, we may share information with:
- Healthcare, social and welfare organisations
- Service providers
- Local and central government
- Ombudsman and regulatory authorities
- Courts and tribunals
- Police forces
- Data processors
- Other police forces, non-home office police forces
- Regulatory bodies
- Courts, prisons
- International law enforcement agencies and bodies
- Partner agencies, approved organisations and individuals working with the police,
- Healthcare professionals
- Law enforcement and prosecuting authorities
- Legal representatives, defence solicitors
- Police complaints authority
Your rights are set out in in articles 13 to 22 of the general data protection regulation 2016 and include:
- The right to access your personal information, to request rectification or erasure of certain personal information and to object to processing in certain circumstances.
- The right to withdraw any consent you may have given to process your personal information.
- The right to complain to the Information commissioner if you feel we are processing your personal information unlawfully.
- The right to restrict processing activity in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to certain types of processing activity.
The information you are giving us is not a statutory or contractual requirement; or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
You are not obliged to provide this information.
Failure to provide us with the information will result in a service not being offered to you due to patient safety issues and the need to ensure medical records are accurately maintained.Close
Wiltshire Council does not use automated decision making in respect to your personal information. We will provide you with an explanation of the decision-making criteria and significance or likely consequences of such data processing.Close