How to report dangerous structures including buildings, parts of buildings, walls and other structures
Buildings and structures can become dangerous following a fire, an explosion, the impact of a vehicle or due to storm damage or high winds. If you need to report a dangerous structure then please use the contact details below and give as much information as possible.
Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm
Call us on 0300 456 0113Close
Call us on: 0300 777 1045
Once a report is received a surveyor will visit the site to access the danger and any risks
- We’ll try and contact the owner for them to remove the danger.This may be by removing loose bricks, tiles or by fencing off the danger to stop access
- If the owner is not present and immediate action is required then we can take emergency powers to make the situation safe
If there is no immediate danger
- We’ll contact the owner of the building or structure and request them to remove the danger
- If this isn’t done within a specified time we can get a court order that requires the owner to carry out the work.
- The costs of any works carried out can be recovered from the property owner and may be registered as a charge on the local property register.