Wiltshire Council makes a splash with free swimming for kids
Free swimming is hugely popular, and a great benefit to families during the long summer holidays John Thomson, Wiltshire Council’s cabinet member for leisure
Wiltshire Council's free swimming for children offer is back for its tenth summer.
Every child aged under 16 can claim one free swim per day at council pools across the county until 31 August.
Wiltshire Council launched free swimming in 2009, and it is available to thousands of children during every school holiday for certain swim sessions.
To make use of the offer, collect an application form from:
- Wiltshire Council swimming pools
- Places for People leisure (PFP) pools
- Download Wiltshire council's free swimming application form, fill in and give to your chosen pool
- A parent/guardian must accompany the child when registering
- Under eights should be accompanied by a responsible adult in free swimming sessions
There are some exceptions to the offer:
- Instructor-led sessions
- Inflatable or Leisure swims
John Thomson, Wiltshire Council's cabinet member for leisure, said: "Free swimming is hugely popular, and a great benefit to families during the long summer holidays.
"It offers children a chance to get out and about, get some exercise and have some fun without stretching the family budget."
For more information visit our website.