Inspiring stories on National Fitness Day
Our leisure centres celebrated National Fitness Day on Wednesday 27 September by asking customers and staff what fitness meant to them.
These inspiring responses were then shared on social media throughout the day to recognise the achievements and motivations behind the people who wrote them.
Nearly 100 different statements were shared on the day, highlighting the huge variety of reasons that people spend time on health and fitness. Some of these included the following:
- Gives you more energy for life!
- To escape from the world
- Lifts the soul embrace life and enjoy!
- Keeps the aches and pains away
- Keeping my heart healthier after heart attack and a stroke
- Wellbeing, happiness, and keeping healthy
- Having fun and feeling good
- To stop the jeans getting too tight
- Keeps me motivated, energised and makes me feel and look great!
- To be strong in body and mind
Thousands of people engaged with the stories that came from all leisure centres, and a real sense of community developed both on social media and in the leisure centres. It was also a lot of fun and made people think about why they exercise and inspired others to do the same.
Leisure centres provide great facilities in Wiltshire for people to start or maintain an active lifestyle, with staff on hand to help with exercise programme design, as well as support members with reviews and motivation
All levels of fitness are catered for, and our leisure centres offer a range of facilities including gym, swim and group exercise classes. Memberships are available from as little as £17.50 per month. Find out more and find a leisure centre near you.