You can join the library at any age and membership is free. You will be able to use your library card at any Wiltshire library, mobile library and for our eBooks and online resources too.
We can also offer membership to:
- Out of school clubs
- People with no fixed abode
- Reading groups
- Visually impaired people
What you will need
- Proof of your name and address (e.g. allowance book, bank / building society statement, driving licence or official bill / invoice). If you have no fixed abode, we will need to see proof of your name.
- If you have no proof of ID with you we can give you limited membership straight away - so do drop in!
- Young people under 16 will need to come in with their parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian will need to bring proof of their own address as listed above.
- If you are housebound please contact your local library who will make arrangements for you to become a member, and can tell you about our home service.
- Visitors to Wiltshire can become temporary members free of charge on presentation of their home library card or proof of address.
Join the library online and start reserving books straight away. You will need to visit a Wiltshire library with proof of ID to borrow books and use the online resources.