It's important to keep a healthy weight. Enter your weight and height into the NHS weight calculator to check which range you fall into.
Healthy Me is primarily about having fun! It is a free, 10-week child weight management programme for 7-11-year-olds and their families. At Healthy Me, we educate families about nutrition and physical activity, helping them to make small, positive lifestyle changes to become healthier, and reach and maintain a healthy weight.
We educate families, enabling them to make positive lifestyle changes, covering topics such as five-a-day, sugars vs fats, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals, the importance of hydration, shopping on a budget, making healthy packed lunches and much more. All of this is backed up with fun physical activity such as a supermarket sweep hunt for fresh fruit and veg!
Families receive support over the 10-week programme and beyond through keeping in touch/fun days, when we can monitor their progress and ensure they continue to make the positive changes they have made during the course.
Take a look at the Healthy Me video to see what this fun programme is all about! https://youtu.be/KADSZ7emlNw
- Chippenham: The Olympiad; Tuesdays 4.15pm-5.45pm; starts 24 April 2018
- Trowbridge: Longfield Community Centre; Monday's 4.30pm-6pm; starts 23 April 2018.
- Salisbury: Five Rivers Health and Wellbeing Centre; Wednesdays 4.30pm-6pm; starts 25 April 2018.
- Devizes: Devizes Leisure Centre; Thursdays 4.15pm-5.45pm; starts 26 April 2018.
- Session 1: Balanced diet, measurements
- Session 2: Being active
- Session 3: Sugar and fats
- Session 4: Breakfast and hunger vs cravings
- Session 5: Half way update
- Session 6: Label reading
- Session 7: Portion control
- Session 8: Recipe modification
- Session 9: Self confidence and self esteem
- Session 10: Recap, celebration, awards, measurements
The programme is suitable various young people and their families. If you are interested, please email email@example.com or call 01225 716674.
Other information on weight management
Your doctor or nurse can refer you to:
- Weight Watchers or Slimming World: free 12 week attendance at a local group for adults an adult or child over 11 (if you meet certain criteria)
- Counterweight weight loss programme (if it runs at your surgery)
- Active Health: 12 week physical activity programme at a local leisure centre for ages 16 and above (if you meet certain criteria)
- Dietician appointment (if you need specialist advice and support)
- Child / family healthy weight programme - Healthy Me - healthy living course for families with an overweight child age 7-11 (from September 2014) – tel: 01225 716674 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health trainers - our dedicated health trainer service can assist you every step of the way to achieving and maintaining your health goals.