Check out the free swimming page for details on our offer for under 16's
Camp activate is an Ofsted-registered programme and is compliant with all Ofsted guidelines within the compulsory register. Our sessions are run by fully qualified staff, or trained professionals and have limited spaces to make sure they are run safely.
Camp Activate runs at Calne Leisure Centre, Devizes Leisure Centre and Marlborough Leisure Centre. Due to a reduced demand for Camp Activate we have reduced the number of venues that this is available at during the holiday periods.
There are still a wide variety of activities and events on offer at leisure centres across the county with sports camps, special events, free swimming and external providers all using our centres to provide holiday activities for young people.Our events page will list the latest planned activities, check out the free swimming page for details on our offer for under 16's and the holiday activities page for the latest sports camps.
Camp activate provides many activities for young people aged 5-14 during school holidays. Note; due to changes to Ofsted regulations from October 2016, children can now only attend Camp Activate from the September after their fifth birthday.
- February half-term
- Easter holiday
- May half-term
- Summer holiday
- October half-term
- Christmas holiday (selected dates and centres)
For a full overview of Camp Activate, our information for parents document is available for download at the bottom of this page.
- Full day is 8:30am - 5pm (drop off between 8:30am - 9am and pick up at 5pm sharp).
- Half-day is (mornings) 8:30am - 12:30pm (drop off between 8:30am - 9am pick up at 12:30pm).
- Half-day (afternoons) is 1pm - 5pm (drop off at 1pm and pick up at 5pm sharp).
- Skill spots are specifically chosen to appeal to all age groups and offer youngsters the chance to learn new skills, while having fun.
- Just some of the skill spots on offer: Ultimate frisbee, arts and theatre, climbing, dancing, martial arts, arts and crafts, go karting plus loads more.
- Check out the centre of your choice for further information.
- Bring swimming kit, an old shirt or top (in case you have too much fun)
- Drinks and packed lunch or money to buy lunch from the leisure centre cafe (where available)
- Check that the café is open if you are not providing a packed lunch
- Water will be provided throughout the day
- We are committed to increasing opportunities for all children to participate in activities. If your child requires 1:1 care we can offer Camp Activate Plus or requires administration of medication you must contact the duty officer before you book.
- Camp activate Plus is a tailor-made programme to meet the needs of your child while ensuring they are interacting with other children. Should they have any special requirements or additional needs we will ensure our staff receives specific training to meet the needs of your child.
- A meeting will be set up with the duty officer at which an assessment will be made. We will discuss your child's needs and availability of resources to meet any special requirements.
- Parents/carers will be required to complete detailed medical information forms and appropriate consent forms before the meeting.