Within the fostering service we have three payment levels* for mainstream foster carers:
- Everyday foster carers. Includes support from a fostering social worker and comprehensive training. Foster carers for siblings groups at this level are in short supply. This is £350 per week per child – (up to £18,200 per year)
- Extra support foster carers. These foster carers can evidence additional skills and experience of either fostering or working with children and young people eg teachers, child care workers or paediatric nurses. This is £450 per week, per child – (up to £23,400 per year)
- Complex needs for foster carers.These highly experienced foster carers support children with complex needs, with greater support from their social worker and enhanced training opportunities and expectations. At least one carer to remain at home full time. £650 per week, per child (up to £33,800 per year)
In addition – We provide up to £1,000 per year, per child
This is a festival, birthday and holiday allowance. The money is split into: birthday (£250), summer holidays (2 x £250) and a festival allowance, for example, Christmas (£250).
Payments are made for each child, each week they live with our foster carers.
*Payments are only made for the specific time that children are living with the foster carer(s).
Public transport costs at 45p per mile will be paid.
- The department will provide foster carers with equipment considered necessary for the welfare of their foster child.
- This may include cots, beds, pushchairs, playpens, stair gates, car safety seats, etc.
- All equipment is on loan and, unless worn out, is returnable when a placement ends.