We will learn about how to support your child through the transitions and changes they will experience during their school life. We will share lots of ways that you can support and encourage your child’s learning at home. We will also explore how maths and English are taught at school, as well as supporting children to develop the social and emotional skills they need for learning.
This is a small, classroom-based course where you’ll learn together and take part in practical group activities, all in a relaxed and friendly environment.
This course is for parents and carers who wish support their child’s learning and development. You will also be able to discuss how you feel about your own maths and English skills; you may want to progress to one of our maths or English courses after this course.
Any adult family member or carer who would like to develop their confidence supporting their children with their learning.
- Discover ways to prepare for change
- Explore barriers to successful transition and ways to overcome them
- Look at how English and maths skills are taught in school now
- Explain ways to support children’s learning, social and emotional skills and how to build positive relationships
- Find out ways to use positive praise and develop communication skills
This is run as 2 hour sessions over 5 weeks with some fun, practical activities to do at home with your family.
Growing a lifelong love of learning with families in Wiltshire
- Discover opportunities
- Develop Skills
- Achieve ambitions