It is a legal requirement that any candidate who stood in the 4 May local elections must complete a declaration of expenses by 1 June 2017 (parish) and 8 June 2017 (unitary). This applies to any candidate who was elected by election or elected uncontested.
If there is no expenses incurred, a nil return must still be submitted.
Returns may be posted to: The Returning Officer, Wiltshire Council, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN
Alternatively, they may be addressed to The Returning Officer and hand delivered to reception at :Monkton Park, Chippenham; County Hall, Trowbridge; or Bourne Hill, Salisbury.
Unitary expenses returns
- PDF spending return
- Excel spending return
- Candidate declaration
- Agent declaration
- Unitary maximum expenses limits and electorate
Parish expenses returns
Wiltshire unitary and parish/town councils elections
To find out more about the elections, including electoral boundary mapping, timetables, downloadable documents and candidates, please see:
Unitary - uncontested result
Parish - uncontested results
Election updates – for candidates/agents/parish clerks
Please monitor this area of the website as we may add relevant information or documents as they become relevant to the proceedings.
Situation of Polling Station notices
Statement of Persons Nominated: unitary elections
Statement of Persons Nominated: parish elections
Notice of election agents' names and officers
Notices of election 2017
Note: if a nominated proxy wishes to apply for a postal vote, they must first be appointed as a proxy voter. Anyone being nominated as a proxy voter must be a registered elector. This application is usually made when a proxy voter lives away from the elector's home and is unable to attend the elector's polling station in person. A separate form - the ‘Proxy to vote by post application form', above - is required for this and should be completed by the elector nominating the proxy. This also means that the proxy application deadline will be earlier, should the appointed proxy need to apply to vote by post. This deadline for this is 5pm on 18 April. Dates for postal vote dispatches can be found in the ‘postal votes' section, below.
Poll cards and postal votes
- The initial main dispatch of combined unitary and parish poll cards will be sent to all eligible registered electors on 27 March.
- There will be a later dispatch of poll cards for any new registered electors added to the Register of Electors by the deadline of Thursday 13 April, and to reflect changes such as new postal voting arrangements put in place.
Postal votes will not be combined due to the complex nature of these elections. Therefore, postal vote dispatch dates will be different for unitary and parish elections.
- The final deadline for postal vote applications is: 5pm on Tuesday 18 April.
- If a proxy voter wishes to change from proxy voting to voting by post, they must apply by the above date.
- If a proxy voter’s nominated proxy lives outside the elector’s electoral area, they will, most likely, need to apply to vote by post as proxy. If this is the case, please ensure the proxy application and proxy’s application to vote by post have both been made by the above deadline, not the proxy deadline (5pm on Tuesday 25 April).
Postal voting - key dates
|Postal voters on our system by||Election||Data to printers||Expected dispatch date to electors|
|12 March||Unitary||13 March - first run||13 April|
|6 April||Unitary||7 April - second run||13 April|
|18 April, 5pm||Unitary||19 April - third run||24 April|
|6 April||Parish||7 April - first run||19 April|
|18 April, 5pm||Parish||19 April - second run||24 April|
Where is my polling station?
If you vote in person and need to know where the polling station is for your address, please see our polling station finder. You must know your full postcode in order to find your polling station.
Electoral boundaries and electoral changes
See the full results of the 2016 Community Governance Review.
Note: not all areas were affected by this review.
|Residential gains and losses||Gaining||Losing||Net gain|
|Broughton Gifford LCP||0||0||0|
|Laverstock and Ford||346||0||346|