The aim of the safe places project is to establish safe places across Wiltshire that provides a safe environment for people who may require some additional support when out and about in the community.Close
Safe places are there to be used when people may feel in need of a little extra help or support for various reasons; for example, during times of anxiety, fear or distress.Close
Businesses and organisations who are part of the safe places project will display an A5 size round safe place sticker in their window to alert people that they are a ‘safe place’.
You can see the safe place image lower down this page.
People can choose to carry an ICE card (In case of emergency), which they can show when they use a safe place in order to obtain the support they require.
These ICE cards are available through the safe places scheme and can be obtained from members of the steering group and local libraries.
People can also choose to show other emergency and support cards where appropriate, for example, dementia help cards.Close
When a person uses a safe place they will be:
- Listened to
- Offered time and a safe place to wait
For information on where safe place schemes are operational around the county or to enquire about setting up safe places in your area, please contact the Safe Places Implementation Steering Group:
- Julie Locks, (Victim Support) Safe Places Implementation Group Chair firstname.lastname@example.org 01380 738875
- Brian Deeley (Age UK Wiltshire) Implementation Steering Group member email@example.com 01380 735506
- Anne Trevett (South Wilts Mencap) Implementation Steering Group member firstname.lastname@example.org 01722 326261
- Susie Morgans (Salisbury Independent South Advocacy Group) Implementation Steering Group member email@example.com 07745218696
- Wiltshire safe places Facebook page (if you are not a member of Facebook you can still visit the page but you won't be able to comment or post notes).