As a council we are committed to enabling the people of Wiltshire to lead healthy, active high quality lives and we work with the community to achieve this.
If you are looking for a new activity or want to join a local club, see Active Wiltshire for details of events and facilities in your area.
To get support, or to access local health services:
- Finding a GP
- Finding a dentist
- Your Care Your Support - health advice for veterans in Wiltshire
- NHS health checks
- Cancer screening
- Sexual health
- SSAFA military charity
- Army health and wellbeing
- Army Welfare Service (AWS)
- Army HIVES an information network for all members of the service community
- Homestart for information on help and support for families with young children in their homes
- Foster a child
If you need advice and support or practical help as serving personnel or as a veteran, please find out more about other organisations that can offer help.
Or you can visit Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group for more information about local healthcare services.
There are many opportunities for people living in Wiltshire to maintain or improve their fitness and health:
- Wiltshire Council leisure, sports, and health and wellbeing centres
- For new activities sports clubs or other opportunities, see Active Wiltshire
- For a range of regular group walks, see Get Wiltshire Walking
- Activities for young people
- Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Country parks and open spaces
- Rivers and canals
- Rights of way
- Countryside volunteers