As a council we are committed to enabling all people of Wiltshire, including the Military Community, to lead healthy, active, high quality lives. We work with the community to achieve this.
If you are looking for a new activity or want to join a local club, see Active Wiltshire for details of events and facilities in your area.
To get support, or to access local health and leisure services:
- Find a GP - NHS Choices
- Find a Dentist - NHS Choices
- Screening programmes - Wiltshire Council advice
- Sexual Health - Wiltshire Council advice
- Public Health campaigns - including giving up smoking, infections diseases, home energy efficiencies
- Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group - for information about local health care services
- Fostering - could you provide a safe, secure, nurturing home where children and young people's needs are met?
- Homestart - for information on help and support for families with young children in their homes
- Wiltshire Parent Carer Council - Improving local services for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- Childcare Directory - to find Ofstead registered childcare in Wiltshire
- Children's Centres - These are places where parents with children aged 0-5 can share the challenges and joys of parenthood
- Your Care Your Support - health advice for veterans in Wiltshire
- SSAFA Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen's Families Association (SSAFA) military charity
- Army health and wellbeing - The Army offers a wealth of healthcare support and services to soldiers and their dependants whether they are based in he UK or overseas
- Army Welfare Service (AWS) - Welfare, legal, youth and community support
- Army HIVES - an information network for all members of the service community
If you need advice and support or practical help as serving personnel or as a veteran, please find out more about other organisations that can offer help.
- Wiltshire Council leisure, sports, and health and wellbeing centres
- Active Wiltshire - for new activities sports clubs or other opportunities
- Get Wiltshire walking, running and cycling - for a range of regular group walks and cycle routes and running groups
- Activities for young people - Working alongside local, regional and national partners, the sports development team and leisure centres help young people to get involved with sport in a fun and safe environment
- Visit Wiltshire - for suggestions of places to visit and what's on
- Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty including Country parks and open spaces, rivers and canals
- Rights of way - information regarding rights of way routes
- Countryside volunteers - Wiltshire Council's aim is to protect and conserve Wiltshire's countryside heritage and provide facilities, access and opportunities for people to enjoy it